Great blog! Some things to keep in mind if you’ve received your Raw Data:
1) This *Sample Standard LiveWello Gene Report has some very good overview information: https://livewello.com/snps/share?for=martin.dawson.606
Remember it is only 300 of the 600,000 in Livewello.
2) The Health Conditions Tool helps you find and generate your own results on Genes that Research Studies have associated to certain Health Conditions: https://livewello.com/gwas
EXAMPLES of Templates built with this tool:
TYPE 2 DIABETES GENES: https://livewello.com/snps/library?action=preview&index=806504&for=demo
AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER, ADHD, BIPOLAR DISORDER, MAJOR DEPRESSIVE DISORDER, AND SCHIZOPHRENIA: https://livewello.com/snps/library?action=preview&index=379628&for=johnadams
HYPOTHYROIDISM GENES: https://livewello.com/snps/library?action=preview&index=335986&for=demo
ULCERATIVE COLITIS GENES: https://livewello.com/snps/library?action=preview&index=186332&for=martin.dawson.606
THYROID RELATED GENES: https://livewello.com/snps/library?action=preview&index=427779&for=florence
See the 1 minute mark of this How-To Video: http://vimeo.com/103746466
3) The SNP Sandbox Tool can create Gene reports based on a Gene Name or any combination of SNPs: https://livewello.com/snps/sandbox
SNP Sandbox Tool Video for 23andMe users: http://vimeo.com/103512972
SNP Sandbox Tool Video for other Personal Genomics Company users: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3wi07iiWY7dd1lWdk1XQlN4SVU/edit?usp=sharing
More About Sandbox: https://docs.google.com/a/livewello.com/document/d/1IrRpSqjVjPylUZ8bJvndF9u69YpiukfZvSXVUEvrT6E/mobilebasic
EXAMPLES of Templates built with the SNP Sandbox Tool:
YASKO’s NUTRIGENOMICS GENES: https://livewello.com/snps/library?action=preview&index=356849&for=demo
METHYLATION Genes: https://livewello.com/snps/library?action=preview&index=899200&for=demo
4) The Gene Library contains hundreds of Gene compilations that were created using the SNP Sandbox Tool and the Health Conditions Tool. By Clicking on a template link, you can use it to auto-generate a report for yourself or any profiles in your account: https://livewello.com/snps/library
Gene Library Video: https://vimeo.com/87970578
EXAMPLES of Gene Library Entries:
CELIAC DISEASE: https://livewello.com/snps/library?action=preview&index=417820&for=demo
PARKINSON’S DISEASE: https://livewello.com/snps/library?action=preview&index=41870&for=demo
LACTOSE INTOLERANCE: https://livewello.com/snps/library?action=preview&index=257796&for=florence
P.S. These Gene templates and more can be found in the Gene library. All its contents are free to all LiveWello Gene App owners. The library is just one of 8 other features that are free with the App:
5) The Health Management Tool helps manage your:
~Health Conditions: https://livewello.com/health/dx
~Medications & Supplements: https://livewello.com/health/rx
Video : https://vimeo.com/103746466
6) Use the 9 Comprehensive learning and research Resources attached to each Gene in your report.
Every Gene in Livewello’s Variance Reports is hyperlinked to resources like Medline, GHR, Google Scholar, dbSNP, Ensembl, Wiki Genes, PubMed, SNPedia and Uniprot.
Information from each link is composed to suit different styles of learning and understanding. Just click on the “i” or the Gene directly on your Report.
7) Data Apps for keeping track of your other functional Lab test results: https://livewello.com/data-apps
8) The Health Village Tool
You can use this tool to create a support network of people that can include your Family members, Healthcare Practitioners or Friends. Within this village you can privately share up-to-the-minute information about all aspects of your health like your most recent medication list, allergies, lab results and more http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/Livewello/how-to-create-your-health-village
~ Other tools:
9) Compare Report Feature
Compare your Gene Reports side-by-side with family members or other profiles in your LiveWello Account: https://vimeo.com/86789213
All of the above are free with your 1-time purchase so take advantage of them. Pls send us a link to your blog so we can also share with our social media followers.
Best of health to you and your family!